Screenshot from @MariposaComm- Follow Us! xo
One of the first things I look at as a relatively savvy consumer in this day and age is a brand’s Instagram page. I want to see how many followers they have if I can shop directly from their page if their vibe suits my style and how their flow makes me feel. As publicists, we help our clients maintain a theme that represents the brand accurately. Here are a few tips on maintaining your brand’s best Instagram feed flow:
– Switch between food, people, scenery, videos, and product. Provide followers with a nice variety of images that involve things that resonate both with everyday life as well as some aspiring shots of places they’d like to be, outfits they’d like to wear, etc.
– Make all of your photos bright and clear and be sure to use high resolution and professional looking shots. If you’re using photos shot from your iPhone definitely download filter apps such as VSCO and/or utilize your favorite Instagram filter! At @MariposaComm, we keep our images bright directly through the Instagram app.
– Download UNUM to pre-place pictures on your feed before posting them live. Get a feel for the flow this way and preview how your newest post will fit into the mix. You can easily post right from the app which is super convenient when you’re trying to curate the perfect Instagram story on the go. It should feel curated yet authentic!
– Avoid placing busy photos next to each other- alternate with some white background product shots to keep things looking simple and clean. good idea is to stick to one specific color theme for your Instagram page. For example, @DayinMyDreams: https://www.instagram.com/dayinmydreams/ uses a lot of white.
– Always stay true to yourself and/or your brand – think about what inspires you and what you love looking at!
President & Founder
Liz got her start in the corporate public relations department at Coach, the major American fashion brand, where she oversaw regional press and events. In time, Liz segued into the fast-paced agency world, moving to a boutique firm specializing in fashion accessories. In early 2009, with her passion, talent and eye for irresistibly chic and stylish designs, Liz set out on her own. She founded her fashion PR firm, Mariposa Communications, to provide unparalleled services to a selection of designers, whether established or on the rise. Liz currently lives in Brooklyn with her husband, 2 daughters and their dog Mackie.