One of the first things I look at as a relatively savvy consumer in this day and age is a brand's Instagram page. I want to see how many followers they have, if I can shop directly from their page, if their vibe suits my style and how their flow makes me feel. As publicists we help our clients maintain to a theme that represents the brand accurately. Here are a few tips on maintaining your brand's best Instagram feed flow:
- Switch between food, people, scenery, videos and product. Provide followers with nice variety of images that involve things that resonate both with every day life as well as some aspiring shots of places they'd like to be, outfits they'd like to wear, etc.
- Make all of your photos bright and clear and be sure to use high resolution and professional looking shots. If you're using photos shot from your iPhone definitely download filter apps such as VSCO and/or utilize your favorite Instagram filter! At @MariposaComm, we keep our images bright directly through the Instagram app.
- Download UNUM to pre-place pictures on your feed before posting them live. Get a feel for the flowthis way and preview how your newest post will fit into the mix. You can easily post right from the app which is super convenient when you're trying to curate the perfect Instagram story on the go. It should feel curated yet authentic!
- Avoid placing busy photos next to each other- alternate with some white background product shots to keep things looking simple and clean. good idea is to stick to one specific color theme for your Instagram page. For example, @DayinMyDreams: https://www.instagram.com/dayinmydreams/ uses a lot of white.
- Always stay true to yourself and/or your brand - think about what inspires you and what you love looking at!